Thursday, September 25, 2008

Court

This is just a quick post to update everyone on how court went. It was a success! We are now the proud parents of Tanya and Luba, or:

Jessica Tanya Rae and Erika Luba Rae

We did not have the normal guy judge that is usually the one to do all the adoption cases. We had a lady that was not so nice, and we were her first adoption case, yikes! Court lasted a while as she was VERY thorough in looking through our paperwork and asking questions. The girls did very well, I could tell they were a little nervous having to stand up and talk to the judge. They did great though. Then just like that, the judge said she approved us to be their parents!

I had to leave Mariupol right after court to make it back to Kiev in time to go the embassy to take care of some paperwork and then make the flight out of Kiev. So this is the first chance I have had to blog! I am home now, and Ken has stayed in Mariupol to finish everything up! He will be able to visit the girls on a daily basis and will forward pics for me to post over the next couple weeks.

16 comments:

Loni Rae said...

Congratulations!! We have prayed so much for you that I write in a flood of tears. Thank you for being the special individuals that you are to be able to have these young ladies in your and our family. I am sure that you have brought eteranl joy to Jessica and Erika and Kyle, to us,to our extended family, and to yourselves. Love to all of you!! Grandma and Grandpa Rae

Anonymous said...

Joy - I'm so happy for you and your family. What wonderful news!! I'll bet Kyle was thrilled to see you when you got home.

Yvonne (your long-lost cousin from Utah...)

Debora Hoffmann said...

Congratulations on being pronounced Tanya and Luba's parents! (Or should I say Jessica and Erika? :-)) Very exciting!

Kim said...

That is AMAZING! I got chills reading your post. I'm SO happy for you! I love the new names they've chosen for themselves--so very American! Congrats a million times over, what a great experience. I know they'll love being a part of your family!

Conethia and Jim Bob said...

Congratulations!! Hopefully, the next 2 weeks will fly by. Yeah!!!

Zack, Jenn and William said...

Congrats to the family of FIVE!!!! So happy for you guys. I'm praying that everything goes smoothly so that Ken and the girls can get home soon.

adopting2fromUkraine said...

Wow, court done within ten days of your SDA appointment! How wonderful.

Congratulations!

June

Mauzy Fam said...

Yay! So glad it all worked out. Love the girls new names! Glad you're home now. How was your reunion with Kyle?? I bet he was so excited to see you.

Kathy and Matt said...

Congrats!!

Welcome back. I'm sure you're life will be busy here preparing for the girls' arrival.

We're happy for your family.

Snort said...

Congratulations!!

Melissa E. said...

Hooray!!! Congratulations to your family!

junglemama said...

COngrats! Wow- what a quick journey!

Heather said...

Hey Joy im not sure you will remember me this is Heather (Farnsworth) Anderson i came across your blog from Alisons i just wanted to congratulate you on your new little family that is so exciting. I just stared a blog you can check it out if you woul dlike it is http://andersonfamily02.blogspot.com/

Mike & Tara said...

Congratulations!!!! I can't wait to hear about their reunion at home!

Julie said...

Oh my goodness!!! Where have I been? I had no idea what was going on with ya'll! This is so exciting - congratulations! The girls are beautiful - and they look so happy. Thanks for the pictures of good old Maruipol. I never got to see it green. :)
How are the conditions there at the internat? It looks good. Halle Grace prays for the friends she left behind every night (her best friend will be heading to the internat later this year when she turns 7 - unfortunately, she's not available for adoption). We just want to know that she's going to an ok place. It looks like that is the case.
I'm hoping and praying that your waiting period FLIES by! Enjoy some Gilantano's for me (I'm sure I butchered that spelling...the pizza place by the sea).
Blessings,
Julie Hinshaw

Jonelle said...

Christmas can't come any faster, I cant wait. Hmm I wonder if they have halloween there. Are you going to take Kyle Trick or Treating????