I think it is Sunday, but I could be wrong! We made it to Kiev, and are staying in the same apartment we stayed last time which is nice. It is something familiar to us here! We got in around 1pm (Ukraine time), and made the horrible mistake of laying down for what was supposed to be a 2 hour nap; 9 hours later we finally decided to wake up! Oh well, we needed it. We have not slept the last two nights, so it was catching up to us.
The plane rides were long an interesting! Our plane into Detroit (first stop) landed pretty much blind because of all the heavy rain and fog. On the initial land the plane rocked back and forth on the back end, causing it to tip quite a bit on the left side which left everyone gasping, and then laughing with relief as soon as the second hit was straight. And yes, we were in the very back of the plane on the left side! Ken said that can be a very common thing, but I tend to disagree....it really was one of the most nerve-racking landings for me!
Our flight to Amsterdam (2nd stop) was non-eventful. My TV screen didn't work half the time (Ken's did of course), so I came to know SuDoku very well...I am addicted! Our plane ride from Amsterdam to Kiev was through KLM. We love KLM! They are the nicest airlines; the staff is always friendly and very helpful. They even give free food and drinks, lots of it! Hmmm, gas is more expensive over here and they aren't nickel-and-diming us like US airlines! The wine and beer is even free! Anyway - our flight wasn't too long, we just had to endure the very strong smells of major body odor issues coming from the men in the seats ahead of us! Ken also had to endure some Ukrainian chick (very beautiful) trying to snuggle up to him as she tried to sleep! It was pretty funny! I sure it was such an inconvenience for Ken! :)
We were just sitting here saying to each other how weird this feels being in Ukraine again. It really feels like we were just here (and we were), so nervous and excited the night before our SDA appt wondering which child(ren) would be shown to us! This time we know, and we are SO excited! We tried to call Tanya and Luba using our Facilitator's phone, but were not able to get a hold of them to let them know we were here!
I miss Kyle terribly already! I just spoke to my mom and she said that he is doing really well with my sister, except that he keeps asking for Mommy, Daddy, Tanya, and Booba a million times!! I am glad we decided not to bring him with us; the trip would have been extremely hard for him. Glad he is having fun playing with his cousins!!
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Glad you arrived safely. I think leaving our other kids behind will be the hardest part of the trip. Looking forward to hearing more.
Hi guys, I am so happy to hear you have arrived safely! I didn't realize that Kyle wasn't with you. We also made the difficult decision to leave the girls with g/parents when we go, my heart goes out to you, some decisions we make as parents aren't easy! I can't wait to hear when you finally accept your official referral for Tanya and Luba :)
Hugs,
Megan
PS. What's up with those beautiful Ukrainian chicks anyway??? lol
That is SOOOO exciting! I'm so happy for you guys--I hope everything goes quickly!
Yay Yay YAAYYYY!! I am soo excited for you guys and a little envious. I miss Ukraine and wish we could be going back so soon too. We wish you the very best of luck at your SDA appointment tomorrow & hope that you can get to your daughters very soon! Hehe, I got to know Suduku very well on our travels too & I am totally addicted too... love it!
Glad you made it safely. I'm sure you're missing Kyle big-time :( Can't wait to hear that you guys are on your way to M-town!!!!! Please give L our love :)
You are in my prayers as you go to your appointment and prepare to bring your girls home.
Kathy Davis (Jennifer Dove's Mom)
I am so glad to hear that you made it there safely! Especially after your first stop in Detroit! Yikes!
Post a Comment