We made it to Mariupol Tuesday morning sometime. Again, no sleep the night before, but we don’t mind because we are really not wasting anytime here! Right when we got in to Mariupol, we started the paperwork process. Or I guess I should say our Facilitator started the paperwork, we just waited in the car…for hours! All day we spent going to the social worker’s office, the boarding school to work with the director, the bank, the notary/attorney’s office, the court, the photocopy office. We ended up going to our apartment that night around 9:30pm. We were all extremely tired.
We ran into an issue that is now a mole-hill but could have been a HUGE mountain. I won’t go into much detail because it is long. However we thought we were going to have to fly home on Wednesday and come back a couple months later, but we got it all worked out in the end. We had to drive to Donetsk City Tuesday morning to meet with the Judge at one of the courthouses to try and get everything straightened out. We gave the right people a smile and a wink and we were good to go! :)
The best news of all is that we have been able to spend a little time with the girls the last couple days!! The first time we went to the boarding school we were walking up to the front entrance and Tanya comes running out to give us a hug, she was so excited!! She then went in to find Luba. We went to sit in the director’s office for our interview with her. That was a little nerve-racking seeing as she is not the nicest person in the world. They called in Tanya and Luba to ask them a few questions as well. Then after that was all done, we were able to go into another quiet room to spend time with the girls. We ended up playing Go Fish, Uno, Tic-Tac-Toe, and just talking. We had a good time!
Yesterday (Wednesday) we were only able to spend about 30 minutes with them so we had them try on their clothes to see what fit and what didn’t. Hopefully today will be a longer visit. By the way – families preparing to go, take clothes with you if you know sizes!! For the most part everything I bought for Tanya and Luba fit, but there were a few things that did not. We went shopping last night to get new items for those that did not fit, and spent $200….ouch. This was for 2 pairs of pants, and 3 shirts.
In other good news, we have a court date for next Tuesday, September 24th!! Hopefully everything will go well. As of now, I think Ken will just stay here after court during the 10 day wait as it will save us a little money. I will go home so that I can get back to Kyle and work (I know you are excited Ashley)!
So far our journey in Ukraine has been busy but good! We have felt like we have been on a roller coaster ride, both physically and mentally. Literally, the roads are horrible, and we have been car sick numerous times! So mom, Jordan, and Jenny – I was thinking about you on our car rides, and thinking how it would probably be the worst sickness you would ever experience! Trust me! :) But as for everything else, our process has been quick. We have run into a few things that have taken a little extra time, but most of all everything has been working out; knock on wood.
We ran into an issue that is now a mole-hill but could have been a HUGE mountain. I won’t go into much detail because it is long. However we thought we were going to have to fly home on Wednesday and come back a couple months later, but we got it all worked out in the end. We had to drive to Donetsk City Tuesday morning to meet with the Judge at one of the courthouses to try and get everything straightened out. We gave the right people a smile and a wink and we were good to go! :)
The best news of all is that we have been able to spend a little time with the girls the last couple days!! The first time we went to the boarding school we were walking up to the front entrance and Tanya comes running out to give us a hug, she was so excited!! She then went in to find Luba. We went to sit in the director’s office for our interview with her. That was a little nerve-racking seeing as she is not the nicest person in the world. They called in Tanya and Luba to ask them a few questions as well. Then after that was all done, we were able to go into another quiet room to spend time with the girls. We ended up playing Go Fish, Uno, Tic-Tac-Toe, and just talking. We had a good time!
Yesterday (Wednesday) we were only able to spend about 30 minutes with them so we had them try on their clothes to see what fit and what didn’t. Hopefully today will be a longer visit. By the way – families preparing to go, take clothes with you if you know sizes!! For the most part everything I bought for Tanya and Luba fit, but there were a few things that did not. We went shopping last night to get new items for those that did not fit, and spent $200….ouch. This was for 2 pairs of pants, and 3 shirts.
In other good news, we have a court date for next Tuesday, September 24th!! Hopefully everything will go well. As of now, I think Ken will just stay here after court during the 10 day wait as it will save us a little money. I will go home so that I can get back to Kyle and work (I know you are excited Ashley)!
So far our journey in Ukraine has been busy but good! We have felt like we have been on a roller coaster ride, both physically and mentally. Literally, the roads are horrible, and we have been car sick numerous times! So mom, Jordan, and Jenny – I was thinking about you on our car rides, and thinking how it would probably be the worst sickness you would ever experience! Trust me! :) But as for everything else, our process has been quick. We have run into a few things that have taken a little extra time, but most of all everything has been working out; knock on wood.
16 comments:
Quick court date - awesome! You must have an amazing facilitator ;)
So glad to hear that things are progressing! It wouldn't be a Ukraine adoption if there weren't a few kinks! LOL
Ah, yes, waiting for hours in the car... the memories... ;-)
Sounds like things are moving along for you! I hope everything continues to go well! Good luck! I'm WAY excited for you!
It's great that you've had some time with the girls. Also nice to have your court date set for next week.
Hope you are able to catch up on some sleep and also get over the car sickness. I do recall the roads being really bad.
Thanks for keeping all of us updated!
What beauties those little girls are! So happy you got such a fast court date:)
Praying...
Megan
I am so happy for you that right now I am crying. It is a grandmother thing. I pray for you everyday and know that He will bless your efforts. Even car sickness may be a blessing. It must be so difficult to have these problems and wait and work and pray and then wait some more. Remember we all love you. Give Tanya and Luba a hug from Grandma and Grandpa Rae. Love always, Loni
It is good to see the girls again. We are praying that all continues to go well!
Felix & Heidi
Good to hear things are moving along! Those girls are so stinkin' cute!!! Alex and Layton are very excited to have cousins that are not in pre-school! We spent an afternoon with Kyle and Olivia...he's a crack up!
It sounds like your trip is going as well as it possibly can be. Your girls look so happy that you are there!!
Best Wishes
It sounds like your trip is going as well as it possibly can be. Your girls look so happy that you are there!!
Best Wishes
So good to hear!! HOpe it's smooth sailing here on out. Hang in there. Before you know it, you'll be home with your whole family!
I am so excited that things are going well! The Girls look so happy! I cant wait to meet them. And yes, I am excited for you to get back to work! It is really boring being there all by myself!Glad to hear all the clothes fit!
oh my gosh!!! I am sooo exsited to meet them. I will finnaly have a cousin that side of the family who is my age. did iever tell you that I am learning how to speak russian. yep. My fav word is Kashmar, it means Nightmare. I have heard people say that alot there.
We have been so excited. We have checked the blog at lest twice a day for any updates. We have been praying all would go well. We can't wait to hear more of what has been going on. The girls look great. I so happy that they ran up to you to give you a hug that must have put you on cloud 9!!! I hope Ken will keep us updated on the blog or emails while you are gone. I sure Kyle will be excited to see his mommy.
Much love,
Kim
I can't wait to meet my new neices. Joy me and you are going to have fun with the girls. I'm sooo... happy to be part of you're family. Ken you're a good brother to me. Love you guys!!! Sarah Rae
Post a Comment