SATURDAY
Let’s start off this post by saying that our court date is September 23rd, not the 24th as I mentioned in my previous post. See, I am losing track of the days here! At least I got the Tuesday right.
Our facilitator, L, has left for another region but her husband (and our driver), Leo, has stayed behind with us! For the most part we are able to sleep in now. Tanya and Luba are in school Monday through Saturday so we cannot visit them until after 2pm. Yesterday we were actually able to take them off the property by ourselves to get passport photos taken…may not seem like fun, but it was!
Today we were able to spend a while with them just doing the normal stuff…playing games, talking, working on their English and spelling, and eating snacks! We usually catch them when they have to eat dinner/lunch which has been pourage the last couple days…yuck! Their favorite items for us to bring them are juice, fruit, and cookies for snacks and they are sure to eat it all up! We got in trouble a couple days ago for playing Uno; I guess it is improper to play with adults around and they also do not want us teaching them “cards”….little do they know that Tanya was the one teaching us the rules of the game! L told the teachers that they are not “cards” but that we are teaching them colors using flashcards! Whatever works, right?! :)
Today we got to see Luba’s room and meet her groupa. Hopefully tomorrow we will see Tanya’s groupa. The girl in the pink sweater is Luba's best friend who speaks English better than we do! She apparently has spent time in Washington with another family, which she says she will be going back soon. She told me that sometimes she is sad and cannot sleep so Luba will come and sleep with her in her bed to comfort her...how precious! Tanya and Luba love the Groupa's hamsters...there are three of them all together and I know this because they thought it was funny to have them crawl all over me. I don't particularily like such rodents, but all the girls had a good laugh! Here are a few photos:
Earlier this morning, we asked Leo if he would take us to the beach/port, so he did! It was a nice change of scenery. Now we can say that we have seen the Sea of Azov! While we were there, they had a swim team from Kiev practicing. They had no issues just jumping in to the very unclear, murky water...yikes!
Here are some photos of our view from the apartment this morning. It looks cold, but actually it has been the warmest day so far. It really is very pretty here in Ukraine. The buildings are old and not in good shape, but I love all the green! Some of the leaves are actually starting to change colors too.
Thanks for everyone's comments and e-mails! We love hearing from everyone!
9 comments:
Yeah Sis, I am glad everything is going well! The girls are so beautiful and I can't wait to meet them. Don't worry about Kyle he is doing GREAT and asks for his Mommy, Daddy, "Bubba" and "Tona" ALL THE TIME.
OOOHH WOW!!! I CANT WAIT!!! To meet them. They look difrent each time I see them. I have letter I want to send you that is for Tanya and Luba. fyi it is wrightin in russian so I don't know if you'll be able to read it. LOL
Praying for a quick and painless court on Tuesday (my birthday, that should bring you luck;-) It is wonderful that you are able to bring this family of children back together. My son (from Sumy) had a sister in the orphanage.We weren't even told about her. Now, we've connected with her family in France. She is in a wonderful family and I do believe God guides the children where they're meant to be. I'm so glad He guided you to your new daughters. Jeri
Hello Joy, I need to introduce myself. My name is Linda and I am the receptionist at the dental office where Heidi and Felix brought the girls. I am following this wonderful story along from Heidi and Felix's web site. It has brought joy to my heart and tears to my eyes to see the pictures, and the postings of Luba and Tanya's new family. Love to all, Linda Longmont CO.
I am glad you are having time to play with Tanya and Luba even if it is limited. Kyle sends his greetings to Tanya, Booba and Mama Joy and Daddy Ken. Grandma and Grandpa Rae send their love and greetings to all of you! Hope to see you soon. We will pray for you for your court day. Love, xoxox Grandma and Grandpa Rae
Love the new pictures! It looks very different from the first time you were there. The girls look beautiful and I cant wait to hear what they chose for thier names! good luck on your court day. Cant wait to see the next post!
Hello and congrats on getting back to Mariupol!! If you remember, we adopted a little boy, Igor, from Mariupol Internat in February, along with another boy from another city, and then went back for the oldest who is 16 in late June. I'm so very glad you went back for your son's sisters!! HOORAY! I hope we can keep in touch, I'd love to talk more. I think especially having the adjustment with older children, talking to other families with older adopted children is really helpful. Speaking of help, can you please ask Valentina, the psychologist at the Internat (probably where you spend time with the girls) if she received the large envelope with photos and a card and some money from Kelly in Omaha from Sasha who is in 3rd grade? You can email me when you have a moment at operationukraine@hotmail.com. THANK YOU! I have no way to contact her and I just adore her! So happy to hear all is well, HOORAY!
Joy, Those girls are beautiful. I think the world of you....what a neat experience....you are awesome. Enjoy every moment....Love ya, Kerri
I am so excited for you. Your girls will be such a blessing. I can't imagine you a Mama to three! Wow... and a big congrats! It is happening. I know your head must be spinning with delight!
Post a Comment