Monday, September 15, 2008

SDA Appointment

We had our SDA appt earlier this afternoon, and it was a success! The ladies doing our interview were very nice, and took the time to ask a few questions to tell us how excited they were that we are trying to reunite the family. They looked at our pictures of Kyle, and then they finished up our interview. It took about 15 minutes total.

This was at 2pm, and now it is 7pm and we already have our referral letter! Our facilitator works in mysterious ways! We will be heading to Donetsk Region - Mariupol around midnight, so that we will be there early Tuesday morning to see the girls and start the paperwork! We are definitely moving full speed ahead!

Next post will have pics, I promise! :)

12 comments:

Courtney said...

HOORAY!!! Enjoy your travels and get those girls home soon! :)

Debora Hoffmann said...

I am so excited for you guys. I really enjoyed getting to know Tanya and Luba this summer when we visited Heidi and Felix, and our host daughter had a lot of fun with them. I'll be following along on your journey!

Stephanee Potts said...

I'm so excited for your guys!! I am going to email you b/c we have some travel questions - it looks like we will be traveling VERY soon.

Ashley said...

Yeah! I am so excited for you guys! I cant wait to see some pictures in your next post!

Conethia and Jim Bob said...

Awesome!! I wish you the best.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you update so often. I am so excited that all is going well. Jonelle and I love to read the blog. We all can't wait to see all of you at Christmas.
Much Love,
Kim

Kathy and Matt said...

Congrats! I'm so glad your appointment was over without any problems!

Enjoy your trip to Mariupol. I'll be interested to follow your posts and hear what it's like this time of year.

Anonymous said...

I hope you get the girls. Tell them I hope to see them soon. I love you!!! Sarah Rae

Stefanie and Bill said...

So happy that things went so smoothly and quickly. We are in Ukraine in our 10 day wait!
Blessing and God's speed in your journey!
Stefanie

ArtworkByRuth said...

Can't wait to see the pics! God BLess!

K said...

We found your link from the Dove family. So glad your family is growing and your son and his sisters are being reunited. It is awesome to see how God can work His perfect plan through such crazy and obscure circumstances! We'll be praying for the completion of your adoption and your travel safety!

adoptedthree said...

Glad to hear things are going fast and easy so far for you. Maybe you can be the beginning for couples of speeding the process back to three weeks again!

It was hard for us to always leave our children behind when we traveled to adopt again but it really will be the best for Kyle and much easier for you. I know you must miss him terribly but I bet he is having a blast getting spoiled!!!