Friday, October 3, 2008

DAY 10!



We are on day 10 of our waiting period, but unfortunately we cannot pick up the girls until the 11th day. Since the 11th day is on a weekend, and Monday most offices are closed, we have to wait until next Tuesday or Wednesday (depending on our facilitator). I guess I should say Ken has to wait because he is the one in Mariupol, and is READY to come home!

He has been able to visit Jessica and Erika; this has been an adventure! Erika broke her arm, yikes! Apparently she was running in PE class and tripped. And because it is so darn hard to communicate with anyone there, Ken didn't find out until a couple days later. Everything is okay now, and I am sure she is milkin' it for all it's worth with missing school!






Ken has been taking lots of walks lately, just trying to kill time! He found a very large store (our version of Wal-Mart), thanks to the Dove family! In this store, he found that they had digital cameras on clearance, so he decided to buy one for Jessica and Erika. He told them this was for Erika's late b-day present, and Jessica's b-day present (which is this month). This was the best investment made to-date! The girls LOVE to take pics so he figured this would be a good way to get pictures of "behind the scenes" instead of the same pics of the girls taken by us.


We now have lots of pics that have been taken by the girls and their friends, so we love it! We are still going through all of them but here a couple for now. Now we know what they do in their spare time!



7 comments:

Zack, Jenn and William said...

Amstor is great!! Glad he found it. Hopefully this will be his last weekend in Mariupol, and you all will be back together again soon :)

Loni Rae said...

Wow am I excited and I am sure you are too. What a great idea with the cameras. Jessica and Erika will be able to keep some great memories of their friends and life and I am sure it will entertain them in the wait to come home. Love, Grandma and Grandpa Rae

Jordan said...

Oh no, I can't believe she broke her arm...crazy! Hope they get to come home soon. Jessica looks pretty in that last picture.

Matt and Aimee said...

We're also in Mariupol, 3rd week. Can you believe this weather? And what's with all the fireworks? We're a block from the city park. By yourself here, huh? Only 3 more days. That's great and congratulations.

Matt

Jonelle said...

Jess is turing 14 right. That is soo cool. Me and My mom are wanting to get them both a bday present.

Conethia and Jim Bob said...

Your girls are precious. I wish you the best on your journey home.

Sarah said...

I can't wait to take care of my 2 neices Jessica and Erika. I know my mom will be taking them to school and get to have them after school. I get to play with my new neices everyday how lucky for me. Aunt Sarah will see you soon girls!!! Love you brother Ken!!! Love you too girls!!!