




Things are going well here. Not much to report other than we are on day 2 of the 10 day wait period. This is going to be a long week and a half! We have a driver to take us to the orphanage to visit Kyle every other day, so our off days are especially long! Many of you asked his age, and I forgot to mention this in previous posts. He is 3 years old and will be 4 on March 3rd. Here are a couple more photos of Kyle as well as some of the other children at this orphanage. We took a tour of the orphanage the other day and got to see his “bedroom”; you can see Kyle standing next to his bed. We also got to see Kyle’s “groupu”. We don’t get to see many children so when we happen to see them, I take pictures. The girl in the hallway is in Kyle’s group.
One of the pictures I took when we were outside playing. Another group was walking around, and I saw this little boy chewing on something. I got up to him a little closer and noticed it was a cigarette box! I had to take a picture!
In addition to going to the orphanage, we try to walk down to the internet café as much as possible which is plenty far for us, especially walking in the cold! We have been without hot water for the past 3 days which has been interesting. We have to be very creative when bathing! Other than the water issue, our apartment has been cozy. We cannot wait to get home, though. We miss our home, work, family, friends, and all the good food America has to offer!! It is amazing how much we have taken for granted and being here has made us realize how lucky we are to live in America.
16 comments:
how cute that little picture of Kyle beside his bed. Wonder how he'll like his new bed?!
I bet the days seem long for you. Getting longer every day, too!
We leave for Ukraine in 9 days! I'm excited to get there but I know I'll be longing for home very soon!
I am so freakin' excited for you guys! He is such a cutie! I'm glad everything had gone so smoothly and pray that they continue to do so! You will have your little boy home in no time! YAY!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Kyle is adorable!
I totally agree - we take so much for granted! And of course it's hard to be away from friends and family.
I hope you'll be able to finish remaining paperwork in a record time and get home with your son really soon!
I hope you don't mind me following your story. We hope to be there in about a year! Good luck, your little boy is adorable!
Kyle is such a cutie, and all those other kids are so adorable. There are so many and boy do they pack them in (sleeping area).
We hope your days pass quickly during the wait. This has to be the hardest part knowing that there isn't anything you can do about it.
Thanks for sharing :).
Kyle is so adorable!
It's also fun to see the photos of his groupa and more of the orphanage.
Glad things are going well, but 3 days w/o hot water must be a bit chilly!
Your 10 days will be done soon and then the trip home won't be much longer.
I'm going to sound like a copy-cat but I have to say...he is a CUTIE!!! I'm just sorry you're not able to visit him more often. Hang in there! ((hugs))
Great pictures,very happy for you two. We are excited to meet Kyle, and Cole will be happy to have another friend.
Kenny and Jamie
Wow, Kyle won't know what to think when he gets home and has 4 rooms to himself :o) I can't believe how close those beds are together! It makes me sad. I am so happy Kyle gets to be apart of our family. Love and miss you guys tons!!
The kids are so adorable. The picture of your son by his bed is priceless because soon he will have one to call his very own!!!
What wonderful photos Joy. Kyle is adorable.
I wish I could take every kid in his groupa!
Joy & Ken
this is Dave Baxter Kyle is such a cutie. It so great that you are experiencing this. see you when you get back.
Oh I wish you could bring one or two or three home for us too! Look how many cute little ones are there! :) Can't wait to meet the newest cousin in the family!
We are so blessed to have you as part of our family. I can hardly wait to hug you all. We decorated the Christmas tree today and hope Kyle will be able to enjoy an American Christmas with all of us. We do miss you all and love all the pictures--can't see enough. Love, Grandma and Grandpa Rae
Post a Comment