Sunday, November 18, 2007

Meet Kyle!





Hello everyone! This is the first opportunity that we have had to get online since Kiev. Our SDA appointment went very well. We were shown a few files, and chose to go and visit a little boy in the Donetsk Region. We are about 60 miles from the border of Russia. The orphanage is very well kept and there are about 60 children total.

We met Vlademir on Friday and are very excited! He is such a sweet little boy and is usually always smiling! We were in the Orphanage Director's office going over his records, and then a care-taker brought him in the office. He was SO cute. He was not sure what was going on, but still was smiling. He quickly warmed up to us when we took out a matchbox car. It was like Christmas to him! He quickly came over to Ken to play. He kept saying "vroom, vroom"! he speaks only Russian, but over the past few days we have been working with him on English words using flash cards. He also says "mama Joya and papa Ken"! We are still working on him saying just "joy", but I though Joya was cute!

Our visit today was great! We get to spend a couple hours everyday with him which is really helping with him feeling comfortable. We asked him what he wants us to bring him tomorrow, and he uses his fingers to say that he wants banana, apple, juice, car, etc! These are such simple things, but they are important to him. He did not want us to leave which made me very happy! He did not want to go back to his "groupa" but wanted to stay with us. This is a good sign, especially after only a few days of knowing us!

We have decided to name him Kyle Vlademir Rae. We wanted him to keep his name so that he can always remember his roots! Court date is on Monday November 26th November 26th. We are hoping everything goes well!

We will post again soon with updates. Thank you for all your comments and e-mails. We are limited on the amount of time we have for Internet use, so we don't have a lot of time to respond. But it is very nice to hear from everyone at home!

21 comments:

Zack, Jenn and William said...

He is precious and we are so happy for you guys!!

adoptedthree said...

He is adorable! What a cute little smile! Congratulations!!

adopting2fromUkraine said...

He's a cutie! Praying that all goes well and quickly!

Mike & Tara said...

We are so excited for you guys!! He is beautiful!

Melissa E. said...

What a little charmer he appears to be! Congratulations!

Tami said...

He is absolutely adorable! I can't wait to hear how court goes. We'll be praying for you.

Kathy and Matt said...

Congratulations! Kyle looks like a sweetie!
It is so exciting to see how your trip is going as we prepare to depart in January.
We are thrilled for you!

Anonymous said...

The boys are excited to have another "MAN" on their team!
Hurry home!!

Anonymous said...

Oh sis, he is so cute and his smile is just precious. I can't wait to meet him and I can't wait for you guys to be back home. Love and miss you tons!! Congrats...MOM and DAD!

Kim said...

Oh Joy CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy for you guys, he is adorable and I hope everything goes perfect and that you get to bring that little guy home soon!

junglemama said...

He is adorable. Thnaks so much for posting. How old is he?

Tami Garcia said...

We love him already!! What a smile he has! We can not wait for you all to come home!! We love you!!

The Isbell Crew said...

Congrats!!! You have made my day by sharing pictures of your son!

Sarah Prince said...

I love his little face! I'm praying everything goes well. I can't wait to meet him. I love you guys.
Sarah

The Eagar Boones said...

Congratulations! We will be praying everything goes well. Boys are so fun! Can't wait to meet him.

Leslie said...

Wow! What a darling little boy, Joy (I mean Joya!) Praise God for this blessing!

molly said...

We am so excited for you guys, he is just too cute and sounds so sweet! We are all praying for you guys. Can't wait till you get back. XOXO

Anonymous said...

Congrats! He is adorable! I cant wait to meet him! I am so happy for the both of you!

Anonymous said...

What a sweetie! We are thrilled for you and can hardly wait to meet your little guy. Hope the rest of the trip and stuff goes smoothly. :-)

Tangie Baxter said...

Oh Joy and Ken! He is soooo very precious and too adorable! What an angel. We're so very happy for you! This is just amazing!

Mauzy Fam said...

He is so cute and seems so sweet!! We are so happy for you.