Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Progress









We are on day 9 of the 10 day wait…Yeah! Only one day left and then we are off to Kiev. We are so excited to be able to have Kyle with us permanently. It is hard to leave him at the orphanage everyday. He is too young to understand why we have to say goodbye at the end of our 2 hours of playing. He is doing well with us though. I can say that he is definitely a Daddy’s boy. He LOVES Ken!

Tomorrow evening is when we are picking Kyle up from the Orphanage. Then, Friday evening we will travel back to Kiev to finalize our adoption with the US Embassy. I don't know if our apartment in Kiev will have Internet connection, so we may not be able to post again until we are home. We hope to be home around December 14th. If we can post before then, we will! Thank you to everyone who has e-mailed us and posted. We have loved hearing from everyone!

14 comments:

Melissa E. said...

We will pray that you will be speedily on your way home with your little son!

God's blessings on your new family.

Maybe we will see you in Kiev!
We leave Friday!

Kathy and Matt said...

It must feel wonderful to be at the end of your 10 day wait! Congrats. We're so happy for your family and we hope the rest of your paperwork processing goes smoothly and quickly.

Safe travels back to Kiev!

Loni Rae said...

I love to see you with Kyle. I know Ken enjoys children and is a big tease. It makes my heart sing and my eyes fill with tears to see the joy on all of your faces. We are so excited to have you coming home. We will continue to pray for your success in completing the adoption and visa process. I love you all. Grandma and Grandpa Rae

Loni Rae said...

I love to see you with Kyle. I know Ken enjoys children and is a big tease. It makes my heart sing and my eyes fill with tears to see the joy on all of your faces. We are so excited to have you coming home. We will continue to pray for your success in completing the adoption and visa process. I love you all. Grandma and Grandpa Rae

The Isbell Crew said...

It is so encouraging to us that ya'll are going to be home in a little over a month!!! Kyle is great!! I love the pictures of Ukraine and the orphanage. i pray that God continues to bless your new life together. Thanks for sharing!
Melinda in AL

Mauzy Fam said...

Sounds like everything is going real smooth. It will be so wonderful to have Kyle with you all the time! He is such a cutie! I love little boys. I hope everything else goes well and your home quickly and can enjoy the holidays!

adopting2fromUkraine said...

I can't remember if I've commented before, but I've been following your blog while you've been in Ukraine.

Congratulations on reaching this milestone! You will be home very quickly by the look of things!

We leave on Sunday and will be in Kiev on Monday.

junglemama said...

Yeah, it sounds like your trip is going very smooth.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say hello and a big Congratulations to you both! Ashley/Aaron shared this site with us. All of you (including Kyle) look so happy in the photos. I know we have all been thinking of you guys and wishing for the best for you here at Apollo. God speed to you on your safe return home and happy happy holidays!

Tangie Baxter said...

The pictures are so fantastic! So happy to hear that you are really going to be home before Christmas... that is wonderful!!! What a sweet boy...this is the best Christmas he will ever have in his life...a mom and dad to LOVE him!

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for the both (I mean 3) of you. You probably won’t get this till you’re home, so welcome home and congratulations! The boy is so handsome (no Ken, not you, Kyle). After seeing the photos, it makes me think that maybe Michelle and I should do the same. When the time comes we’ll have to sit and talk. You know, see what the best option is, learn what you would do different if you could do it again. Find out what you did right. Again we couldn’t be happier for you.

Christopher and Michelle

Chris and Virginia said...

Hopefully you're back in Kiev already. That would mean the paperchase went smoothly. Your new son is adorable.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Tami said...

How wonderful to be almost done and on your way home! Congratulations! We'll be praying that your process in Kiev goes smoothly and quickly.

Anonymous said...

Hi Joy, I am so excited that you found my blog. Wow, I just read your entire blog, what a crazy adventure you are on. I am so glad that your hubby is doing well and that you guys are able to adopt. Kyle is such a cutie. i just want to hug him. I bet it was hard having to choose only one. The pictures of you guys together are incredible, he just looks like a part of your family, I love it. Hopefully everything is completely final soon and he will be yours forever. I am anxious to read how everything goes. Congrats mommy! You are gorgeous by the way!