Saturday, December 8, 2007

Family of Three

Thursday evening was an emotional time for Kyle. We were taking him from the orphanage for good; he will more than likely never see his "groupu" or his care-takers again. They have taken such good care of him in his short time at this orphanage, and for that we are grateful. Now he is in our hands!




We made it to the orphanage in time to take pictures of Kyle and his group taking their nap. It was so cute! The orphanage teaches these kids to be very independent; they get undressed for their naps, and then lay their clothes nicely over the assigned little chairs.



We bought goodies, fruit, and juice for the kids in his Group and dropped them off early that day. We left to go run a couple errands, waiting for his Group to get up from their nap. When we made it back to the orphanage, his group had already eaten everything and they had Kyle dressed and ready to go! So at least I was able to take pictures of his "Groupu" with Kyle one more time!

I have to admit, we were very nervous leaving the orphanage with Kyle! For weeks, we would visit him daily and then leave just the two of us. Now, we are three. Kyle cried a little as we left as this was not in his daily routine! He does not like getting into cars, as he associates that with going to the doctors. So we had to try and convince him that we were taking him to a big store that had lots of fun toys! He had no idea what we were saying! But anyway, I pulled out a matchbox car from my backpack, and then he was fine!

When we got back to our apartment, we fixed dinner for three! This boy will eat anything and everything given the opportunity! He is definetly healthy! He slept well considering, and early the next morning we were off to Kiev!

9 comments:

Kathy and Matt said...

Congrats on finally getting to take him home! What a wonderful feeling.

Hoping all continues to go well as you travel to Kiev and finish things up.

Mauzy Fam said...

Yeah Joy! I have to tell you that I love reading about your adventure! It's not everyday you go through an adoption process and live changing events like this! I'm sure it is very emotional and different for all of you. Kyle will be so happy with you guys as his parents. Get home safely.

Chris and Virginia said...

Wonderful!! It sounds like everything is going smooth for you three. We hope your travels are uneventful and you get through the last paper-chase unscathed.

Don't forget to let us all know how it went.

AudyCamp said...

Joy..this is Audra from E.A. I found your blog through Alison's. How exciting about adopting your new son Kyle!. One of my best friends from HS adopted a little girl from Russia a couple years ago who spoke no English. She is now a brilliant little 5 year old who can already read. Congrats on your fabulous journey!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow I am so happy is now yours, I bet you will be relieved when you are actually back in the USA. What an awsome adventure. I can't wait to hear about your adventures in mommyhood!!!!!!!! He is a lucky little guy, you all look so happy! Hopefully you are on your way home? Be safe.

Loni Rae said...

We love you and miss you and excited for you.
All of the children at the orphanage look so cute. I would have difficulty choosing.
We love seeing the pictures and can see that the children are really trained well. Love, Grandma and Grandpa Rae

Nataliya said...

Oh, how exciting that you are now a family of 3! Kyle is so adorable!

Have fun your last days at Kiev and come home soon!

junglemama said...

Wow, your first dinner for three! Congratulations!

Snort said...

Oh.. your posts always make me cry (I'm such a boob)! It's so great that you'll be able to spend Christmas all together!