
The three kids together (Jessica, Erika, and Kyle), seem to get a long as much as typical siblings do! I have noticed Kyle becoming more tough and “mouthy” because he definitely has to fight for himself being the small guy of the group. This has also led to more issues out in the real world (daycare/preschool). He is not as nice as he should be with the other kids! Most kids just find him to be “in the way”, but compared to a couple months ago, I believe it is getting better!
He seems to also be more disobedient towards mommy and daddy! But this is something that Ken and I are working on like crazy, on a daily basis. He definitely knows the word “no”, and likes to play the game of "let's see how far I can push it!". I know a lot of this has to do with our life style changes over the past few months, so hopefully this will phase out as well.
Mentally, he is progressing. He is a smart boy! He loves to do homework with the girls, and is always excited to learn new things. His speech is getting much better, and we are able to understand most of everything he says now. I think that has helped with his frustrations as well, being able to communicate more effectively.
Kyle will start Kindergarten this coming August so I know his speech will improve quickly. Kindergarten should be very interesting. He can’t sit still for more than 2 seconds, so we may be in for a real treat! This boy has more energy than I have ever seen in a kid…those that know him can attest to this!
The great thing about Kyle is that he can also be the most loving boy ever. He is quick to give hugs and kisses, and wants to participate in everything we do. This to us is a good sign; he does want to be social and wants to learn and help with everything. He is a very active boy. Now, if we can just figure out a positive way to channel all this energy, we will be set! Any ideas? I think in the spring we will start swimming lessons, and hopefully soon will be karate.
He is obsessed with dragons and trains right now. He loves to ask people to draw dragons for him whether it is drawing it on a piece of paper, or outside in the dirt. He loves to read books, or in Kyle's case, just flip through pages quickly! Any movies with Mickey use to be the ticket, but now it is more Scooby Doo! We are taking him to Disneyland next month, and I know he will be in heaven seeing Mickey in person. Disneyland is something I hold close to my heart, as my Dad (and his parents) took us as kids sometimes several times every year. So this will be a first for my kids which I am looking forward to!
Per the pictures below, can you see why he has to try and be more tough with the girls?? Jessica and Erika have a lot of fun with him, and it is never a dull moment around the house!


5 comments:
What a great kiddo!!
What a cutie! I think all kids go through phases. Dallin does things I think will never get better, but it does. He sounds a lot like Dallin. Very active, but a big heart. Hang in there and keep working at it.
I love it! Porter has the same issues with his sisters... they're always putting their dresses on him, make-up and high-heel shoes.
OH MY GOSH!!! Did Jessica put him in that bathing suit!!! HA HA LOL WOW I am laughing so hard rigtht now. HA HA HA
Pretty Kyle! LOVE the bathing suit!
Post a Comment