Monday, January 12, 2009

My Kids and 2009!



There have been those moments, more often lately, when I just have to tell myself that this is “real”; we really do have 3 kids! Some days seem to be so mundane, or “in the moment” that I forget the road we have come down. I have 3 wonderful children that came from another country, and I could not be happier. Sure I have moments when I want to scream and just be grumpy, but there is nothing more rewarding than to look back at my journal to relive the emotions we went through during the entire adoption process. One thing I need to remember is that we are still in the adoption process…it is an ongoing, learning experience on how to be an instant family.

I have been thinking about resolutions for 2009, and I have come up with a few personal goals. More than anything, I am going to focus more on the positive things in life, and to treasure every minute and every opportunity that these children bring to our lives.

I have promised myself to blog more on their developments, so I will also try to do better at this! Since this blog is mainly for my kids and will be made into a journal/memory book, I am going to post over the next few days about each child, one at a time. This is something I will try to do a few times a year so they can see how far they have come!

In the mean-time, I have finally gone through all my pictures from Christmas break. So here are a few!

Jessica's Cousin from Utah (Jonelle):

The Girls being silly:

Cute kids (even with the trash can in the back)!:

Erika showing off her "stuff"!:

Just the family!:

Kyle really is a happy boy, I just love his pouty face!

The cousins again!:

Daddy's girls:

8 comments:

Stephanee&Zach said...

Love the update and pictures! And can't wait to hear more about each of them and their adjustments. I too am amazed, when I slow down enough to look back, at all that has been overcome to bring our girls home.

Loni Rae said...

They are wonderful happy and enthusiasic children. Today I started making dinner and Jessica took over cutting onion, greenpepper and potatoes. Then she wanted to cook them and cooked our hambergers. She turn them every 15 seconds and patted them with vigor. Erika and I were thoroughly entertained. Grandma Loni

Kim said...

I love seeing pictures of your cute family! Keep it up!

Leslie said...

Love the pictures! Its a great idea to keep the blog updated so the kids have something to trace their past with. Looking forward to reading the updates!

Heidi and Felix said...

Hi Joy,

The family looks great. Everyone looks adjusted and happy. I'm glad that the girls have you and their brother. It was God's plan for all of us.

We are having a wonderful time with our kids, too. Everyday brings new miracles. We are also awaiting the day when we can go back for our other two girls.

Sorry to hear that you went through the "Heidi and Felix did it this way..." thing. Don't stand for that. We were just a piece of the plan, helpers making sure they got home to you, Ken and Kyle. God bless you all.

Felix

Jonelle said...

Oh my gosh I love Jess and Erika. I really hope she decides to come to EFY!!!
Love Jonelle

Anonymous said...

I love your children so much and look forward to your blog!! So fun to see them change and grow! :) Love you! Tami

Ken and Joy said...

Hi Heidi & Felix;

Thanks for the post! No worries, the kids are doing great. They didn't know any better and we knew it would be a transition. I know they are grateful to have had the summer with such a great family. It was all part of the plan!

Hope you all are doing great with the new fam!!

Joy