
Well I have been somewhat overwhelmed and a little stressed about everything that has to be done. My "to do" list is getting larger everyday! To make things easier, I emptied out one of my spare bedrooms and put all our luggage out on the floor (thanks Ashley!). This way I could just throw things in there as I thought of items that we would need to take. I think it is really going to help! I took a picture as I thought it was funny...I have never been on a trip where we had to take so much stuff!! I hope the cabs in Ukraine are big enough to hold everything!
9 comments:
Now THAT is cute! :) I have a little over a month left and I haven't even begun to get ready. The only thing I've done is start compiling our DVD collection so we have something to watch on the laptop. I've got to get moving! :)
That is a lot of luggage :)
I took seven bags the first time I adopted and had to leave my largest one there! Just don't take any you don't want to leave behind.
Happy Trails!
hi, i am jordans friend. i had to tell you that i am so excited for you and your hubby! what a fun adventure and so rewarding in the end. good luck the next couple weeks planning and packing. cant wait to see more pictures after you get there!
Hmm... You do have a lot of luggage :) Ukrainian cars are much smaller, and don't have a lot of room! Hopefully you'll be able to fit everything in the trunk :)
Keep in mind you'll be hauling all of those onto and off of the trains, too! (And not infrequently running to catch them!) I'd recommend no more than two bags each--there's a packing list on the Ukraine yahoo adoption board for carry-on only. The big thing to remember is you really only need 3-4 outfits, mix-and-matchable.
Hey Joy! It's Tamra (Booth) Mauzy. I've been keeping up with Jordan on her blog and was so excited to see that you now have a blog. What a wonderful adventure for you guys. I can't wait to hear all about your trip and see your new baby(ies). Good luck with everything. You can check out our blog anytime! jordanandtamra.blogspot.com
So, glad to see you're doing well. Do you know how Sara is doing? I haven't kept in touch with her and haven't talked to her in years. Just wondering how she is.
Tamra
WOW!!! I'll chime in on the luggage to - unless you are taking some suitcases with loads for the kids that you plan on leaving at the orphanage (along with the suitcase) you will be happier in Ukraine with fewer suitcases. I'm a horrible packer :) but was able to get by with two suitcases (one for me and one for hubby) to check and we each had one carry-on! And I didn't miss any of my clothes I left behind. Take more DVD's and reading material and less clothes!!!! Good luck!!!! Have a great trip!!!
Wow - lots of bags! You are way ahead of me in packing, and we only have 10 days to go. We have family and friends coming over Saturday for a bon voyage party, so I'll start packing once they're all gone. Most of the stuff is together in a closet, so it shouldn't take too long. We're hoping to keep it to 2 suitcases and then our carry-ons.
Good luck with the packing!
Hi! I found your blog through some other adoption blogs. We are adopting from Ukraine too & are waiting for our appointment date (hopefully we'll hear this week!). You guys are so cute & I can't wait to follow your adventure! April betheabunch.blogspot.com
Post a Comment