Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A weekend of KYLE!



We had a great Holiday weekend! It was very busy and productive. Our last yard sale was on Saturday at my MIL's house, and it turned out great! I was a little worried that the weather wasn't going to cooperate but it worked out in the end. Last week, the weather here in Arizona reached 110 degrees (hot!), and then within just a couple days the high was 69 degrees....this really has been the craziest weather for us. It started to rain Thursday and did not stop until Saturday afternoon! We got up Saturday morning at 5am thinking that no matter what we were going to do the yard sale. After getting all the furniture set out on the drive way, it started to pour down rain. So we took everything back in the garage, and sat there watching the rain! Finally it let up so we took everything back out on the driveway, then it started to pour down rain again! We played this game for about three hours. Finally around 8am we set everything out and decided we didn't care if it rained again, we would just deal with everything being wet! Despite all the rain, we had a TON of traffic! We brought in another $800.00.....YEAH!!

We are getting more excited about bringing the girls home! We met a family at the yard sale that had adopted from Moldova (next to Ukraine). They adopted two older girls and we were able to meet and talk with them for a while. They are very sweet girls, and the oldest (16 year old) was very helpful in telling us her opinion of everything! She told us how she felt about coming to the USA and how hard it was for her to adjust to everything but also very worth it. We now have another family that we can introduce to Tanya and Luba! These girls we met speak Russian, so it works out perfect!

The rest of our weekend was spent, well, playing with Kyle! Here are a few pics on how Kyle spent his weekend;


Sliding down the stairs with his mattress (his preschool teacher taught him this one!)


Playing tricks on mom and dad so when we open the garage we are surprised by this mess hanging from the door!

At the movies to see the new Indiana Jones (he did very well!)

Tearing the head off of his toy dinosaur (he plays a little rough sometimes!). Is this normal?? :)

And swimming with his cousin Nessa!


This boy keeps us on our toes!!

9 comments:

Zack, Jenn and William said...

What a great outcome for the yard sale - congrats! That's a big step towards bring home the girls. So excited for you guys!

Jordan said...

Yeah! I am so happy you guys did so well again on your yard sale. I can't wait for you to go and get those girls. Kyle is so funny. I love the picture of the dinosaur with its head pulled off. Boys...gotta love 'um. I miss you sis. I hope to see you soon some time. It's good to see you posting a TON you totally blew me out of the water :o) Love you tons

Snort said...

I am so excited for you guys! I'm glad that the garage sale turned out so well, and if that last pic was taken in your yard, it looks beautiful!

Kathy and Matt said...

All the photos are great!

Don't worry about the dino with a missing head. We have a Prince Eric (from Little Mermaid fame) who's lost his head. We just keep reattaching it when it pops off!

Anonymous said...

That is awsome that you had another successful yardsale! He is a cutie, I love the pictures of the weekend, how fun was Indiana Jones a good movie? I am thinking of taking the kiddos. Goodluck wiht everthing!

Ashley said...

haha! I love it! He is so dang cute! I am glad to hear your yard sale went so well! Yeah! And how exciting you met a family who was able to talk you about adopting older kids!

Grasteit Family said...

Joy, you are such a trooper! I'm glad things are coming along with getting the other two. What another neat experience that is going to be. Man, I hope my garden just flat out turns out. Your garden is gorgeous. I know you've been busy give me a ring sometime.

Kim Andrews said...

Kyle is so cute. I'm so glad Jonathon was able to meet Kyle. Jonathon and Luba have the same birtheday!! Love to all, Kim

Ali P. said...

He's a darling kid - must keep you on your toes. So glad to hear the yard sales went well. I can't wait to hear about the continuing adoption process - good luck Joy!