
The last couple weeks have been a little crazy! Kyle is the center of our everything at the moment, and we are loving it! It keeps us busy. We are trying to keep to a routine as he seems to do better. I look back at when we first returned home with Kyle, and how far we have come in the 2 1/2 months and it is just amazing! He is a different kid.
Call me crazy, but even looking at his pictures from the orphanage and our first couple weeks home and then comparing to him now, he has already grown! His facial features seem older to me, and he is definetly taller. It is all that American food we are feeding him...I love it! One lady we met in Ukraine (has adopted 3 children from Ukraine), mentioned that we would be amazed at how much Kyle would change within this year, and that he really would look so much different after such a short time. I didn't think much of it until just last night when I was looking at all our pics. She was right!

In the home front, we have been busy trying to get a back yard put in. Kyle LOVES playing outdoors, but he cannot play in our front unless someone is out there with him (we live on a corner). So needless to say, we are anxiously trying to get our backyard done! Kyle enjoys "helping" daddy with the backyard so that always makes for some good times! He is quickly learning what all of Ken's tools are for, so it is fun to see him trying them out.
Kyle's English is also coming along quickly (he is learning phonics right now as well as numbers). His pre-school teacher told us that he is one of the best in his class! For him not knowing English, and beating out all his little American classmates is great news for us! Yes, I am having a bragging moment! :) We are struggling a bit with him wetting his pants at daycare, but it is because he gets to playing and does not want to stop for a bathroom break. This happens especially when he is outside playing. He cannot stand having his pants wet so he just takes his pants and underwear off and then continues to play...what a boy!



This past Saturday we took a break from working on the house and went out to the desert. The weather was perfect; it has been raining over the last few weeks so the desert floor is green. Saturday was sunny and in the 70's so we couldn't have asked for a better day to spend outdoors. We spent the day with my sister Jenny and her husband and kids. I also took Nessa with us (my brother's little girl) as she and Kyle are buds. Kyle LOVES to ride quads, and especially loves his helmet. We could not get him to take it off until we got home that evening and he had to take a bath (hence the picture of him in the truck with it on!). We had a great time!!
8 comments:
I, too, am amazed at the changes taking place in our boys! And we have only been home just about a month!
Sounds like you little man is a blossoming little boy!
I can't blame you at all for your "bragging moment"!
Keep up the good work, Kyle!
I think that he looks happy :D
Language is an amazing thing - and I am so glad for you guys that he is doing well. That was one of our biggest challenges and ended up using sign. Still do - challenges of everyday life - but they are SO worth it.
Ladybug hugs,
;D
Joy, I really enjoy reading about Kyle! Thanks for all the fun up-dates. Keep 'em comming!
p.s. he's sooooooo cute!!
Yvonne (your long-lost cousin from Utah...)
So glad things are going well for you guys!!
He is so cute- I love how he points at the camera if he knows your trying to take a pic of him!
And.. you happen to have a cousin who could help you with the backyard stuff. Orrin has connections with grass and trees, give him a call and use him before we're gone!
I am so happy for you! You are all such a blessing to each other. Thanks for continuing to update us.
Wow, he really has grown. I want to make sure that I come visit when we go down there in March. I have been calling and calling trying to see how you all are doing. But, you must be busy 'cause I never get an answer:o) Miss ya sis, hope to see you soon!
He has changed dramatically! He does look much taller and fuller. What a beautiful boy you have!
Post a Comment