Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Gettin' ready for Christmas!



I am still amazed at how quickly time comes and goes...we continue as a family to learn and grow everyday. I will have updates soon, but for now here are a few pics from this last month!


I am having fun doing all the Christmas traditions that I remember as a kid, with my children. They are all very excited about Christmas. Kyle was so new to it all last year, that it didn't really mean anything to him, but this year he knows! He keeps insisting that there is a train under the tree for him. :) Jessica and Erika keep reminding that it is almost the 25th. We have been asking them over the last couple months to think about things they would like to ask "Santa" for, and everytime their reply was "I don't know"! I give it until next year, then they will get the idea of asking for things! So - we have had to be creative in figuring out what to do, and I think we found just the thing...I can't tell yet!


I had the kids one night, build a gingerbread house which was fun. It started out with all of us, and ended up with just Jessica doing the majority of the work, getting all the details just right. She is very serious, and determined when it comes to projects. All has to be just right!





A couple weekends ago, I took the 3 kids and their cousin, Caitlin, to the zoo. Jessica said they had been to a zoo in Ukraine before, but they were very surprised to see lions, tigers, and giraffes! Guess they don't have those at the zoo in Ukraine.





A few weekends ago, we went out to the desert to ride our quads, and hang out with my sister's (Jenny) family. We always have a blast! We were able to teach the girls how to ride the quads, and they loved it! It was just a fun, relaxing day.






Hope everyone has a MERRY CHRISTMAS!

5 comments:

Kim said...

YAY! I was so excited to see a few pictures and read what you guys have been up to. It looks like you guys are a great family, the kids look so happy and you do so many fun things with them! Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Conethia and Jim Bob said...

What beautiful family pictures! Merry Christmas!!

Debora Hoffmann said...

Merry Christmas to all of you! Beautiful family! :-)

Zack, Jenn and William said...

Glad things are going well - hope you guys had a great Christmas!

Jennifer

... said...

Merry Christmas!

The Payne Family
www.payne-familyadventures.blogspot.com