Tuesday, July 8, 2008

All-American Boy!


Okay maybe not All-American (Kyle actually has dual citizenship -Ukrainian/American), but he did LOVE everything about the 4th of July! We went up to Heber/Overgaard for the weekend and enjoyed the best fireworks show ever. My grandma and her husband live in Overgaard so it is always nice to visit them! My uncle Rob and aunt Debbie go up ever year with their kids and we have so much fun just hanging out with them playing games, shootin' the breeze, and enjoying all the small town festivities. Here are a bunch of photos of Kyle's first 4th of July!






Adoption Update:

We are very excited! Our facilitator received a letter from the SDA stating that our Dossier can be submitted on July 21st!! For those not too familiar with what this means, it is a very good thing! This means the SDA accepted our Petition to Adopt, and will now allow our Dossier to be submitted (all our adoption paperwork). Once they get our Dossier, they usually take 20+ working days to approve and then we get our travel date! We were really worried that we would not be able to travel this year because the SDA has not been accepting too many more families for 2008, and we really want to bring these girls home! So it is looking better for us....now we just hope that our Dossier goes through with no issues. We will update as soon as we hear anything more!

14 comments:

Mauzy Fam said...

We were up north too - It would have been fun to run into you at the fireworks show. Looks like you guys had fun.

Zack, Jenn and William said...

Exciting news!!! I've been reading about fairly fast turn-around time for appointments recently. Hopefully that will be the case for you :)

Stephanee&Zach said...

That is wonderful news! What region are you adopting from? Maybe we will at least be in Kiev at the same time!

The Flying Eagle said...

Wonderful news!!! The girls are Kyles sisters correct? I thought I remembered seeing that siblings are taken "out of order" and without regard to the "quota". From what I have seen on other blogs in this situation, if you have a July 21st submission date, I wouldn't be surprised if you were travelling late Aug/early Sept. Hey maybe we will see you there:-)

Snort said...

Porter has that same shirt! Target ROCKS!

Melissa E. said...

Wow! It's really happening now, isn't it?! I am very excited for you. What a new experience this will be!

Will you take Kyle with you? I assume you will.

I pray that God is already at work preparing the hearts of your girls!

Ashley said...

How exciting for you guys! I cant wait to meet the girls! And Kyle is so cute!

Ashley said...

Hey you need to read my blog cause i tagged you bef fend! :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow, how exciting, I hope everything goes well and you are able to get your daughters here ASAP, is Kyle so freakin excited???

Jordan said...

Oh too cute! I just love little Kyle! That video of Kyle and Nessa cracked me up!! Hope to see you soon.

Angela said...

Hi Joy! This is Angela (Elliott) Titensor. How are you? You look great. I saw you on Alison's blog - it's so neat that you are adopting kids! Congrats on your papers going through. What part of AZ are you living? Check out our blog, gregtitensorfam.blogspot.com ttyl!

Ali P. said...

Yeah! So glad to hear things are moving along for you guys. What a super kiddo - he is so lucky to have an amazing mom and dad.

Grasteit Family said...

You guys look so happy. I bet it was fun in Heber and of course not so hot. I'm glad things are coming along with the adoptions.

junglemama said...

Hopefully your dossier was submitted! Can you share who your agency is?